Thursday, April 13, 2006

Preschool: she did it!!



Well, I'm so proud of my brave little girl! She went to preschool for the first time on Mondaymorning.

This is the best shot, of her in the morning, enthousiasticly running because it was HER day!! She was so excited! And the other picture of her walking around with her little backpack, man she's growing up fast!!

Normally they start at 8.45 till 11.30. I get to bring her on Monday on 9.15 because it was her first time and the 'teacher' had some stuff to explain to me. I was preparing her for a few weeks already. Telling her that she would go there and play with other children, learn songs, and be creative. And that Mommy would leave. She was OK with that. I used to ask "and Sanne, if you go to preschool, what is Mommy gonna do?". And she would yell enthousiasticly "WORKING"! Well, that's what I told her. Didn't want her to think I'm gonna scrap, because she wants that also, LOL.


For the first half hour she sat on my lap, and I seriously thought it was gonna be a problem when I left. But I kept acting happy to her, even though I saw her face telling me other signs.....Around 10 o'clock I said to her that Mommy really needed to go, and that she get to play with all the toys and the other children. She tried once: I wanna stay with you....But I said, No Sanne, you know what I've explained to you, but you get to WAVE to me (as iff that 's so amazingly COOL, haha). She was thrilled and ran to the window. I followed her, because I needed to get a kiss (can't leave without it!). Outside I raced on my bike (yep...! sportive isn't it?) and went to the other side of the building. I was waving my head off. She stood in front of the window, but was looking the other way, inside the room, because exciting things were going on! Finally she saw me, and she waved happy and laughed with the teacher and the other children. It was so STRANGE to leave her with strangers. Well, ofcourse all educated people, but hey, they ARE strangers to me still!!

I went to my company which is right NEXT to the building of the preschool (so fine for me!!). I talked to Arjan and my employees about how happy I was, and I only had 1 hour left for myself. Haha, no scrapping time at all!!! I biked (is that a word...;) home, and couldn't wait till 11.30 to pick her up. On the bike again, yep, love the fresh air now! Inside I could peak through some kind of hole, but she immediately recognized me!! They were sitting in a circle and singing songs. She yelled MAMAAAAAAAA and waved. I was afraid she was gonna cry and run to me, but she was sitting relaxed and singing along!! Wow, I was SOOOO proud of my brave little girl. When I went in the room, she came running to me and telling it was so fun and all good! Wow, that really made my day. She can keep up with all strangers and probably feel good about it also!

The next morning, on my day off, I asked her what to do. Usually we go swimming, to the childrens farm, playground, you name it. She said: to PRESCHOOL!!! Haha. Well, tomorrow she'll go againg. Keeping my fingers crossed that she's still ok with it.... I'll be working till 11.30 and than pick her up and be FREE. Yes. I'm gonna work 2,5 days in stead of 3 and i LOVE it. Hope all goes well.

Okay, rather long story.... maybe I should learn how to express myself in a shorter way.... Well, tell me, how were your experiences with preschool? Or Kindergarten? Or Highschool? Or.....
Love
Rev