Wednesday, January 11, 2006

it's hard...

I'm struggling between working and staying home with my little girl. I have my own company and am lucky I have such sweet and great employees. But still I work 3 days in a week at the office. Sanne goes to a (girl)friend of me, who herself has 2 little children, aged 3,5 and 5). Sanne is 2,5. So usually she's having fun over there. She goes there 2 days a week. On friday my boyfriend stays at home and he takes care of her. Usually he takes her to our friend and at the end of the day, ususally 17.00 hours, I pick her up. This morning he had an early appointment (with the painters of our new home!), so I was going to bring Sanne to our friend. But this morning she was crying. She didn't wanted to leave the house. She wanted 'to play with mummy!'. She broke my heart. I told her that I'd rather be with her, but I just had to go to work and earn some money.... But deep down I know I'd rather be at home with her. The business continues even if i'm not there. The employees don't need me to be there. They are very good in doing there job without me ;-). So i'm torn between my feelings. Ofcourse i think it is good to work and be motivated and keep my mind trained. But i'm sure i feel great at home. Although friends tell me i will be climbing up walls if i stay home for 7 days a week. But that's just it. I have more stay-at-home friends and the are enjoying themselves so well. I think it depends on how you spend your day. I can do a lot of fun things with my little girl and i'm not easily bored. (borred?). Sooooo. When she turns 3 she will go to a preschool for 2 mornings a week. I decided that she does that on my working day. Than I work in the morning when she is at preschool, and then i can pick her up and can spend time with her. than i'm only working 2,5 days. Maybe that's a start......
Grz
Revlie