Monday, March 20, 2006

Dilemma....

Okay, what to do when another child hit your child in the face...... I went grocery shopping and when Sanne's is good in the shop, she is allowed to ride in the 'airplane' in front of the store. You know, like one at the fair. She was sitting in her 'airplane' and having fun. I was getting my groceries in my bags on my bike (yes, we do cycle a lot in Holland...!). Suddenly I heart a loud scream. I looked up and saw Sanne crying really hard. I walked towards her and another lady standing by her said: that little boy hit her, with his flat hand right in her face!! Just because he wanted in and she said: "I'm now, you can go later". I looked at the little kid. He looked really daring at me. I thought he was about the same age as Sanne is, because he was as little as she is. So about 2,5 years old. His mother came running and asked what had happened. I said her son hit my little girl in her face. She was shocked and took him by his arm. She wanted him to say sorry. He just laughed and looked daring again.... She apologized to me. I thought she shouldn't, but he should. He just wanted to leave.... She said he was really bold and it was a problem shopping with him. She never knew what he was going to say.... I asked her what age he was and he replyed "what are you talking strange!!". He is a Moroccan boy, so I thought he thinks I sound funny because I don't speak Moroccan.... The mother said he was 4 years old already but still really little. I was surprised. A child that age should know better. And I'm convinced she had to punish him or let him say 'sorry'. Not let him get away with it that easy. What a lesson for him: hitting someone (really hard actually, she had a real red cheek), and be bold and not getting punished. Maybe he is learning at home that a man hits a woman? Or am I bold now?? Please let me know: what do you do in a situation like this?? Luckely I could explane to Sanne that the little boy wasn't nice. She said it herself: he was really naughty.

Grz,
Revlie