Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Yes, we're going to Italy!!

I'm soooo happy!! Yesterday I booked our vacation to Italy. We are going to the Adriatic Coast. Just stay on a camping (in a bungalow) and relax for one whole week! Some people (including some friends of me grrrrrrr) go a few times a year on holidays. I'm not that lucky. We have our own company and that's our priority. We've had some issues with personal, and than it's not a wise thing to go on a holiday.... So this year, for the first in 4 years!!!, we are going to another country. And since 2003 (the birth of Sanne in the summer....) we only went once 1 week to a nice place in Holland when Sanne was 1 year old. In 2005 it was impossible to go, and now in 2006 we are going!! I'm so happy, look at this:


We are going by car. Because I'm tooooo afraid to fly. Yes I know. I've been to the Canarian Islands, Fuerte Ventura, Lancerote, Spain, Portugal, Israƫl and all by plain. But since 9-11 nobody is getting me in a plane anymore. Although everybody tells me it's more safe than travelling by car... But hee.... I can only think of the song of Alanis Morrissette: "Isn't it ironic?". So... we have to travel by car. 13 hours of driving. Well, I figured, we go by night, so Sanne will sleep in the car (I hope!!), and we can take turns driving right? But yesterday I saw a documentary on National Geographic about the huge accident in one of the tunnels between Italy and I thought Austria...That was really awefull to see. So... I told Arjan yesterday I'm not travelling in that tunnel.... He said that I should have think about that before I booked the vacation and that he is not driving extra miles just to avoid the tunnel... So there's a lot talking to be done... have to confince him I simply cannot go in that tunnel ;-))

And look at my little lovely girl. She's so happy. We bought her a nice playhouse for in our new garden. Only 3 weeks from now we are moving...... Exciting!!
Grz
Revlie